Whew…been a busy month! Been plowing through emails (writing them, not reading them). It’s amazing how much productive shit you can get done, when your head is in the right place.
I don’t feel drained or exhausted from my work…I feel energized. It’s so much fun helping clients get their message out. That’s what happens when you focus on the RIGHT things!
Which leads me to today’s article…
If your goal is to spread truth, maximize sales, and kick ass in your home-based business – all at the same time – then “Anti-Marketing” may be perfect marketing strategy to help you do that.
What is Anti-Marketing?
I get asked this question a lot. It’s not a term that’s commonly used (Yet.) But it will be, soon.
Anti-Marketing is content unlike typical marketing drivel.
It’s sharp, clear, valuable, FUNNY – and it drives sales. Readers find it refreshing and eye-opening. Like a knife through hot butter, Anti-Marketing cuts through all the bullshit and goes straight to the heart of why your product is the best in the world.
It challenges the status quo when necessary, and it provides a better, smarter alternative for your target market.
Anti-Marketing is for business owners who are sick of marketing gurus telling you what you “can” or “can’t” do.
“You shouldn’t swear so much… you should be more polite… you shouldn’t send so many emails… you shouldn’t step on anyone’s toes. You shouldn’t be so blah blah blah.”
Throw all of that advice in the garbage. Those are the words of marketing wimps who have grown so used to settling for mediocrity, they wouldn’t know excellence if it sucker-punched them in the face, or caught them in a rear-naked choke.
Don’t listen to marketing gurus who encourage wimpiness, mediocrity, false humility, or self-imposed limitations of any kind. Recognize those things for what they are: toxic.
Instead, follow the “10 Commandments of Anti-Marketing,” and prosper while being FREE:
1. Thou shall perfect your product before unleashing it to the public. (Quality Control)
2. Thou shall prize excellence over image (Truth)
3. Thou shall create profit-generating sales funnels. (Sales Funnels)
4. Thou shall focus on building your email list. (List-Building)
5. Thou shall send as many emails as possible to your list, using all kinds of creative approaches. (Email Marketing)
6. Thou shall delete templates, scripts, and rules about how many emails you should send, or not send. (Breaking the Rules)
7. Thou shall abandon perfectionism, people-pleasing, excessive politeness, cheesy affiliate marketing, random network marketing, and living for “likes” and “followers.” (Dumping Your Head Trash)
8. Thou shall refrain from tracking all metrics, except for SALES. (Focusing on What’s Important)
9. Thou shall refrain from “promoting” your business on Facebook, Twitter, and other time-wasting social media (Taking a Stand for the Value of Life)
10. Thou shall flush haters down the toilet and apologize to no one. (Turn the Other Cheek)
Follow these 10 commandments, and you’ll pile on sale after sale. You’ll be a shining example of excellence in a world where mediocrity rules.
Best of all, you’ll be free from the crippling need to gain approval from others – a need so insidious, it stops most business owners dead in their tracks…getting them sidetracked and stuck down unprofitable rabbit holes, chasing bright shiny objects, as their business gets lost in the abyss.
Those traps and pitfalls are NOT for the savvy Anti-Marketer.
You’re better than that.
P.S. If you’d like to find out how Anti-Marketing can work for your business, email me your main website URL, store page, and a list of 1-3 of your most popular products. I’ll send you a couple ideas on what you can do immediately to get your message out in a bigger way, and maximize sales.